THIS PROJECT IS NOW COMPLETE. I ENDED UP ACHIEVING 66% OF MY GOALS. I CALL THAT A WIN. READ MY REFLECTIONS ON THE JOURNEY HERE.
Back in March 2013, my friend Sarah at The Chronicles of S had a very inspirational post: 101 goals in 1001 days. I immediately jumped on board and started creating my own list. I’ve been working on it ever since, chronicling my progress over at the blog that my fiance and I used to write together.
Now, I’m bringing it here.
Start date: March 1, 2013
End date: November 26, 2015
Completed items are
crossed out. In progress items are in italics.
1. Take a yoga class.
2. Take a martial arts class.
3. Try out circus aerials.
4. Complete Mud Hero. (August 10, 2013)
5. Run a half-marathon.
6. Complete a 30 Day Yoga Challenge.
7. Complete a triathlon.
8. Give up junk food for one month. (A Year Without Junk Food) (January 6 – February 5, 2014)
9. Go vegan for one week. (challenge & followup)
10. Model for a boudoir session.
11. Wear a bikini in public.
12. Grow my hair past my shoulders again.
13. Get my eyebrows waxed. Maintain for a month.
14. Get a manicure/pedicure.
15. Buy a pair of leather pants. Rock them.
16. Buy myself a designer purse.
17. Have a wardrobe I love.
18. Take a professional make-up lesson.
19. Establish a skin care routine.
20. Buy fancy underwear.
21. Find the perfect pair of jeans.
23. Visit SE Asia.
24. Return to Ireland.
25. Go snorkelling.
26. Visit 5 states. (7/5) Florida, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Arizona
27. Visit 1 new country. (France, Finland)
29. Try a new sport.
30. Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
31. Roadtrip for at least 7 days.
32. Go skiing (haven’t done this since I injured my knee 7 years ago!)
33. Visit all Canadian provinces and territories. (5/13) Alberta, BC, Ontario, Quebec, SK
34. Go to California. (bought our plane tickets to San Francisco for our honeymoon!)
35. Watch a movie in a drive-in theatre.
36. Go to Montreal.
38. Go horseback riding.
39. Ride a rollercoaster.
40. Celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Ireland.
41. Host a dinner party.
42. Spend a day with my mom, just the two of us.
43. Take my dad to a baseball game.
44. Do something nice for each of my stepparents.
45. Organize a surprise for Bryan’s mom.
46. Send out Christmas cards.
47. Spend a day with each sibling, doing whatever they want, paid for by me. (/4)
48. Spend a day with Bryan, doing whatever he wants, paid for by me.
49. Take a class with Bryan.
50. Make 3 new friends. (3/3)
51. Meet an internet friend in person. (Leah in April!!)
52. Host an event for both my family and Bryan’s. (A wedding counts, right?)
53. Buy fancy stationary and send out 50 handwritten letters. (50/50)
54. Host an old-fashioned slumber party.
55. Write a book. (working on a second draft)
56. Develop my own TV show.
57. Start or join a writer’s group.
58. Take a great photo. Print it and hang it.
59. Write a song. (working on something with my friend Kayla!)
60. Be published.
61. Get my second tattoo.
62. Try a new art medium. (Painting!)
63. Go all out on a Halloween/cosplay costume. (doing some research into a Harley Quinn costume)
64. Make a time capsule. (Thanks Bri, your 8-year-old self is both adorable and inspiring!)
65. Apply for a TV job.
66. Have a job I love.
67. Be debt free.
68. Apply for another degree.
69. Save $10 000.
70. Donate to a charity.
71. Volunteer at a crisis centre/hotline.
72. Volunteer with kids (at a school, BBBS, etc).
73. Volunteer at Christmas 2013 & 2014 (2/2)
74. Adopt a pet.
75. Give blood 3 times. (3/3)
76. 10 Random Acts of Kindness. (10/10)
77. Try 10 new restaurants. (23/10) Market Lane, Cork; Il Padrino, Cork; Havana, Dublin; Riverside Bistro, Edmonton; The Tea Place, Edmonton; Padmanadi, Edmonton; Fionn McCool’s, Edmonton; Sam’s, Red Deer; Noorish, Edmonton; The Curry Bowl, Fernie; China Island, Calgary; Under the High Wheel, Edmonton; Cibo, Calgary; Purple Perk, Calgary; Evil Dave’s, Jasper; Rajdoot, Calgary; Wurst, Calgary; Mission Diner, Calgary; Tamarind, Calgary; Ruby Tuesday, Orlando; Joyce on Fourth, Calgary; The Coup, Calgary; Red’s Diner, Calgary
78. Take a cooking class.
79. Cook 12 new recipes myself. (12/12)
80. Make perogies from scratch.
81. Try Indian food.
82. Try 10 new foods. (10/10) Gorgonzola cheese, Indian food (veggie samosas, a chick pea dish, Indian rice pudding type thing, fried cheese balls), Stilton cheese, baked grapefruit (grapefruit itself, actually), eggs benedict, starfruit, dragonfruit, curry, fig, pattypan squash
83. Learn to drive a standard transmission.
84. Be conversant in French.
85. Read 200 new-to-me books. (200/200 as of October 25, 2014)
86. Spend a whole weekend unplugged.
87. Complete a No Spend month. (September 3 – October 2, 2013)
88. Complete a No Garbage week.
89. Watch 5 documentaries. (5/5) The Invisible War; Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism; Food, Inc; The Greatest Movie Ever Sold; Inside Job
90. Read 5 poetry books. (5/5) Partly Cloudy by Gary Soto; Honeybee by Naomi Shihab Nye; 100 Great Poems of the 20th Century edited by Mark Strand; Etcetera: The Unpublished Poems of ee cummings; Poems Bewitched and Haunted, edited by John Hollander
91. Buy a bicycle.
92. See The Nutcracker ballet.
93. Purge and organize EVERYTHING we own. (in the process of doing this with moving; it is long and arduous but we are getting there)
94. Get CPR/First Aid certified.
95. Do 5 things I have been avoiding because of fear. (5/5) sent a very difficult email, started writing a book, applying for jobs that I actually want to do, launching my freelance business, getting a job working with children
96. Get a cute alarm clock and stop using my phone for that purpose.
97. Start a meditation practice.
98. Read the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, and the writings of Buddha. (/4)
99. Read the complete works of Shakespeare. (10/39) Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Hamlet, The Tempest, The Merchant of Venice, Twelfth Night, Antony and Cleopatra, Measure for Measure, King Lear, the Sonnets and Poems
100. Learn to change a tire.
101. Do karaoke solo.
Completed: 66 (66% complete)
In progress: 9
I’d love to see your list!